From: Angelito Hamm on
Given the shift register state of a Fibonacci LFSR (aka SSRG
configuration) and the taps of an equivalent Galois LFSR (aka MSRG
configuration), how does one compute the Galois LFSR shift register
state that produces the sequence phase aligned with the Fibonacci
LFSR. In other words, I know the SSRG shift register state and I want
to convert it to the equivalent MSRG state so that I can generate the
code sequence more efficiently.

Angel
From: Allan Herriman on
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 09:57:35 -0700, Angelito Hamm wrote:

> Given the shift register state of a Fibonacci LFSR (aka SSRG
> configuration) and the taps of an equivalent Galois LFSR (aka MSRG
> configuration), how does one compute the Galois LFSR shift register
> state that produces the sequence phase aligned with the Fibonacci LFSR.
> In other words, I know the SSRG shift register state and I want to
> convert it to the equivalent MSRG state so that I can generate the code
> sequence more efficiently.
>
> Angel

Does this help?

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.arch.arithmetic/browse_thread/
thread/39fd5a74b129505b/1bd2a8d6545959e2

Cheers,
Allan
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

Angelito Hamm wrote:
> Given the shift register state of a Fibonacci LFSR (aka SSRG
> configuration) and the taps of an equivalent Galois LFSR (aka MSRG
> configuration), how does one compute the Galois LFSR shift register
> state that produces the sequence phase aligned with the Fibonacci
> LFSR. In other words, I know the SSRG shift register state and I want
> to convert it to the equivalent MSRG state so that I can generate the
> code sequence more efficiently.

Solve a system of linear equations x[i+1] = F(x[i])

VLV