From: Michelle on
I am trying to save another (differently named) version of my file whenever
I save.

It works fine if I use the normal save, but if the save is triggered from
the Before_Close event, it just skips over the following line...

ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=CurrPath & "\" & CurrName

in debug, it finds the line (it goes yellow), it doesn't generate any
errors, but it steps through the line without doing any saving

The CurrPath and CurrName variables do contain valid text

Why is it not saving?

thanks

From: Jacob Skaria on
Try

Cancel = True
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=CurrPath & "\" & CurrName
End Sub

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Jacob Skaria on
Oops...Disable the events and then save as..

Application.EnableEvents = False
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=CurrPath & "\" & CurrName
Application.EnableEvents = True

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Dave Peterson on
Take a look at VBA's help for .SaveCopyAs

It sounds like that may be more appropriate for you.

Michelle wrote:

> I am trying to save another (differently named) version of my file whenever
> I save.
>
> It works fine if I use the normal save, but if the save is triggered from
> the Before_Close event, it just skips over the following line...
>
> ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=CurrPath & "\" & CurrName
>
> in debug, it finds the line (it goes yellow), it doesn't generate any
> errors, but it steps through the line without doing any saving
>
> The CurrPath and CurrName variables do contain valid text
>
> Why is it not saving?
>
> thanks

Dave Peterson