From: Phillip Gawlowski on
On 28.12.2009 11:39, nyarly(a)gmail.com wrote:
> FileSet version 0.1 has been released!
>
> FileSet provides an API for accessing configuration and data files for your
> application, including the population of default values, and managing search
> paths. Written to encourage a cross-platform approach to maintaining configs
> for an application.

How do I use it?

To call the documentation "sparse" would be a late entry for the
"Understatement of the Year" contest, I'm afraid.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

From: Judson Lester on

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 3:21 AM, Phillip Gawlowski <pg(a)thimian.com> wrote:

> On 28.12.2009 11:39, nyarly(a)gmail.com wrote:
>
>> FileSet version 0.1 has been released!
>>
>> How do I use it?
>
> To call the documentation "sparse" would be a late entry for the
> "Understatement of the Year" contest, I'm afraid.

You're absolutely right. I've done a quick write-up that will hopefully be
less-so.

http://fileset.rubyforge.org/

From: Phillip Gawlowski on
On 29.12.2009 10:21, Judson Lester wrote:

> You're absolutely right. I've done a quick write-up that will hopefully be
> less-so.
>
> http://fileset.rubyforge.org/

Very much so. :)

Now I have an idea if it could be useful for me (and it will be, from
the looks of it).

Also: Ruby takes care of Windows %environment_variables%: they are in
the ENV hash. IIRC, it's the same with environment variables on Linux,
in case this should ever be necessary for FileSet, which I doubt.

Thank you for this quick, yet useful, write up. :)

--
Phillip Gawlowski

From: Judson Lester on

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:36 AM, Phillip Gawlowski <pg(a)thimian.com> wrote:

> On 29.12.2009 10:21, Judson Lester wrote:
>

>> You're absolutely right. I've done a quick write-up that will hopefully
>> be
>> less-so.
>>
>> http://fileset.rubyforge.org/
>>

> Very much so. :)
>
> Now I have an idea if it could be useful for me (and it will be, from the
> looks of it).
>
> Also: Ruby takes care of Windows %environment_variables%: they are in the
> ENV hash. IIRC, it's the same with environment variables on Linux, in case
> this should ever be necessary for FileSet, which I doubt.
>
> Thank you for this quick, yet useful, write up. :)

Thanks for your interest. FileSet has been useful to me - if it helps
anyone else out, I'd be thrilled.

Judson