From: aztony on
I keep getting this message when using Update:
Files required to use Microsoft Update are no longer registered or installed
on your computer

I haven't turned on my desktop for 3 weeks, turned it on just to install any
updates, and ran into this problem which I didn't have 3 weeks ago. What
gives?

Running XP Pro
From: aztony on
I forgot to add that I have tried registering the files suggested by MS
support using the cmd mode. I seem to remember seeing in other posts related
to this problem, that there were some files that were not suggested, so I'm
really not sure if all the files needed were registered. I also did a reboot
after registering the files.

From: yson010362 on

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?