From: Brk Anl on
Hi,

I want to read the datas from a file and fill a table with them.
All lines will be a new row for table. And the columns are for the
variables of the class.

I want to create an array as an object of a class for this. But i don't
know how to do it.

Class Abc
@a
@b

end

a[100]=Abc.new()

so for example a[0] will be the first row of the table and a[0].a will
be the first column of the table

i want to do sth like that.

How can i do it? Or is there another way to fill a table in ruby?

From: jbw on

Sounds like a matrix class might work for you
http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/matrix/rdoc/classes/Matrix.html

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Brk Anl <banil86(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to read the datas from a file and fill a table with them.
> All lines will be a new row for table. And the columns are for the
> variables of the class.
>
> I want to create an array as an object of a class for this. But i don't
> know how to do it.
>
> Class Abc
> @a
> @b
>
> end
>
> a[100]=Abc.new()
>
> so for example a[0] will be the first row of the table and a[0].a will
> be the first column of the table
>
> i want to do sth like that.
>
> How can i do it? Or is there another way to fill a table in ruby?

jbw

From: GianFranco Bozzetti on

"Brk Anl" <banil86(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to read the datas from a file and fill a table with them.
> All lines will be a new row for table. And the columns are for the
> variables of the class.
>
> I want to create an array as an object of a class for this. But i don't
> know how to do it.
>
> Class Abc
> @a
> @b
>
> end
>
> a[100]=Abc.new()
>
> so for example a[0] will be the first row of the table and a[0].a will
> be the first column of the table
>
> i want to do sth like that.
>
> How can i do it? Or is there another way to fill a table in ruby?

Use an array of structs as in the folloving snippet:
#
class Table
def initialize # define table structure and array for data
@template = Struct.new(:name, :age)
@data = []
end # initialize

def add_row(_name, _age)
s=(a)template.new(_name, _age)
@data << s
end # add_row
def out_rows
@data.each { |s| printf("%-10s %4d\n", s.name, s.age) }
end # out_rows

end # class Table

tbl = Table.new() # create a table and add some rows
tbl.add_row('frank', 40)
tbl.add_row('tina', 30)

tbl.out_rows() # print the content of the table
exit(0)
__END__

###
hth gfb