From: Rune Allnor on
On 17 Mai, 21:07, dbd <d...(a)ieee.org> wrote:

> I think a nice alternate title for this response would be "Shift
> Statements Considered Harmful". My apologies to Edsger Dijkstra [1].
>
> Dale B. Dalrymple
>
> [1]
> Go To Statement Considered Harmful
> Commmunications of the ACM VoL11 (2), 1968 pp. 147-148
> Edsger W. Dijkstra

I came across this paper in a different context earlier today.
The paper's opening sentence:

"For a number of years I have been familiar with the observation
that the quality of programmers is a decreasing function of the
density of go to statements in the programs they produce."

Substitute 'fftshift/ifftshift' for 'go to', and the sentence
makes at least as much sense as it did more than 4 decades ago.

Rune