From: Arum Khan Arum on
Hi,
I have two coloums. One has text and the other has Values.
I need excel to search through a whole coloum, and summerize the results.
My coloums look like as follows

A 2
B 5
A 2

The results should look like

A 4
B 2

How can I achieve this?
Thanks
From: L. Howard Kittle on
Try =SUMIF(C1:C3,"A",D1:D3)

This is quite expandable using sumproduct for a criteria in B and matching
in C and then sum C.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
Use Pivot Table. Drag and drop the Text Field in Row and the Value Field in
Data. Do double click and change the Value field in data to Sum if it is
shown as Count. Remove the subtotal if required.

Have a look in the below links for more details about Pivot Table.

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm

(Ms-Exl-Learner)