From: Rich on
I've been using VBA to retrieve Essbase data into an Excel report for quite
awhile with no problems. I recently added some members to the existing
report, and the report no longer updates via VBA. I can, however, update the
report by selecting Essbase/Retrieve directly from the menu, so I believe the
report structure is valid. (But if I remove the new members, VBA/Essbase work
again).

This may be a rather vague question, but is there any reason why VBA would
fail to update the report when it updates "normally?"

These are the lines in my code:

(first I select the range I want to update)

lngConnect = EssVConnect(Empty, username, password, "Sunhyppd1",
"FCSTCORP", "Corpexp")
If lngConnect <> 0 Then
MsgBox "Sorry Can't Connect. Check ID and Password."
GoTo VBend
Else
Retriev = EssVRetrieve(Empty, Empty, 1)

Thanks for whatever insight.
From: Jim Thomlinson on
What is the value of Retriev after the retrieve executes?

I have some stock code modules for Essbase V6.2 that I use with full
errorhandling if you want them. The code is way to long to post and includes
a couple of forms...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson