From: Lobo on
I've posted the following message on the firebug group, but so far no
response.

http://groups.google.com/group/firebug/browse_thread/thread/9504674b8817692b

So I'll try here in case any of you know the answer ...

How can I retrieve via variable an object inspected in the DOM tab?.

If I execute somewhere in my javascript code
[ console.log(anObject) ], then how can I assign and manipulate that
object from the console?.

I need a similar behavior as "$0" (which applies to the HTML tab) but
for the DOM tab.

Many thanks.

Lobo
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Lobo wrote:

> I've posted the following message on the firebug group, but so far no
> response.

http://groups.google.com/group/firebug/browse_thread/thread/9504674b8817692b

Probably because you need to ask that question the smart way.

> So I'll try here in case any of you know the answer ...
>
> How can I retrieve via variable an object inspected in the DOM tab?.

You can't "retrieve via variable an object".

> If I execute somewhere in my javascript code
> [ console.log(anObject) ], then how can I assign and manipulate that
> object from the console?.

`anObject' is a reference to your object, so …

> I need a similar behavior as "$0" (which applies to the HTML tab) but
> for the DOM tab.

You can't select an object in the DOM tab like a node in the HTML tab, so …

PointedEars
--
realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict