From: Paul on
mholt(a)ohiohills.com wrote:
> It's my second since I quit Wal-Mart in 1996. Does this error list
> mean anything I should worry about?
> 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0xA926BC7C, 0xA926B978)
>
> Thanks.

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms795746.aspx

"0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates a memory access violation occurred.

Faulty device driver or system service. A faulty device driver or system service
might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities,
memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error."

A device driver may have had the problem, but it could just
as easily be caused by a memory error with the memory itself.

For peace of mind, you could try a couple passes of this tester.
Versions are available, to make a self-booting floppy, CD, or USB stick.
I use the floppy, since there isn't much else you can do with the
floppy. If I make a USB stick version, I keep erasing it so I can
reuse the USB stick.

http://www.memtest.org/

I've had several lots of memory fail, a couple years after
buying them. So even if memory tests good the day you bought
it, it doesn't have to stay that way.

HTH,
Paul
From: Rey Santos on
See if this could help:

Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Rey

"mholt(a)ohiohills.com" wrote:

> It's my second since I quit Wal-Mart in 1996. Does this error list
> mean anything I should worry about?
> 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0xA926BC7C, 0xA926B978)
>
> Thanks.
> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3