From: Brian (Groups) on
I know there's been mention of them here before. I've just read an
article mentioning freeware to get rid of the little #$%^'s

BetterPrivacy add-in for Firefox -
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6623/

CCleaner - www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Flash Cookies Cleaner 1.2 -
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Flash-Cookies-Cleaner.shtml

I tried the last one - it found 192 files & folders to be deleted! And
I hardly see any flash stuff when browsing!

Brian
From: Man-wai Chang on
> Flash Cookies Cleaner 1.2 -
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Flash-Cookies-Cleaner.shtml

I supposed those are just regular website cookies, not Flash cookies...

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.35
From: Brian (Groups) on
On Aug 6, 1:05 am, Man-wai Chang <toylet.toy...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Flash Cookies Cleaner 1.2 -
> >http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Flash-Cookies-C...
>
> I supposed those are just regular website cookies, not Flash cookies...
>
> --
>    @~@   Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
>   / v \  Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
> /( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10)  Linux 2.6.35
>    ^ ^   23:05:01 up 1 day 8:51 0 users load average: 0.00 0.00 0.00
> 不借貸! 不詐騙! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 請考慮綜援 (CSSA):http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa

Yep, it is rather poorly described on that Softpedia page. I got that
link from the article I was reading and decided to test it. I ran the
program to analyse, but not delete. It came up with 192 files &
folders. I ran several other cleaners, including Spybot S&D, and none
of them came up with those entries found by Flash Cookies Cleaner. It
does appear to work as advertised in the source article.

Brian
From: zxcar on
On 8/5/2010 9:55 PM, Brian (Groups) wrote:

> Yep, it is rather poorly described on that Softpedia page. I got that
> link from the article I was reading and decided to test it. I ran the
> program to analyse, but not delete. It came up with 192 files&
> folders. I ran several other cleaners, including Spybot S&D, and none
> of them came up with those entries found by Flash Cookies Cleaner. It
> does appear to work as advertised in the source article.
>
> Brian

Yuppers, from the old LangaList...or rather WindowsSecrets that some
have a subscription. Surely, you aren't the Mr. Livingston that just
retired?!!?
From: mike on
Zombie Elvis wrote:
snip

> Or you can just use Adobe's own online settings manager.
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Is there a way to do this on my computer? Really chaps my @$$ to have
to run an online flash program to change local settings for a program
that's installed on MY computer. Seems like a HUGE security and
obsolescence
problem.