From: ker_01 on
I use the following line in several procedures in a workbook

newFN = Application.GetOpenFilename(FileFilter:="Excel-Compatible Files,
*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.csv", Title:=TitleString)

The source files are produced as reports from various servers, and often
have very long names (I don't have control over the file naming convention).
Thus, the user might have to select a file from:

Charbtack_AllResources_StockRate_CreditMemos_FortJza_2010_05_NEF.xls
Charbtack_AllResources_StockRate_CreditMemos_FortJza_2010_05_AGR.xls
Charbtack_AllResources_StockRate_CreditMemos_FortJza_2010_05_PFW.xls

The standard GetOpenFilename dialogue is not wide enough to show the tail
end of the filenames (the only place to distinguish which file is needed), so
each time the user opens a file, they have an extra step of manually widening
the dialogue box before selecting a file.

Is there any way to set the dialogue box to be wider using VBA?

I realize this isn't a showstopper for the overall project, but I think the
result would be superior if I can eliminate nuisance steps for the users.

I appreciate any advice,
Keith

Current users are all on XL03, but may expand the usergroup and share the
file with XL07 users as well.