From: EricG on
Right-click anywhere in the pivot table and select "Pivot Table Options...".
Make sure the box that says something like "Preserve Cell Formatting on
Change" is checked. Your formatting should stay the way it is.

You might also want to un-check the box that is labelled something like
"Autofit Column Contents on Change" so that your column widths always stay
the same.

HTH,

Eric