From: Tommy on
I receive data daily with dates in the following formats: dd/mm/yyyy,
d/m/yyyy,d/mm/yyyyy, or dd/m/yyyy... The values actually are text vs.
numbers.

Regardless I use text to columns, to separate the values into three columns.
Then I use =date(year, month, day), actually =date(a2,b2,c2) to populate the
date in one field. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this
better or faster?

Thanks,

Tommy
From: Jackpot on
You can use the Text to Columns Wizard to convert the dates

--Select the range of dates which needs to be corrected.

--From menu Data>'Text to Columns' will populate the 'Convert Text to Columns
Wizard'.

--Hit Next>Next will take you to Step 3 of 3 of the Wizard.

--From 'Column Data format' select 'Date' and select the date format in which
your data is ('DMY')

--Hit Finish. MSExcel will now convert the dates to the default date format
of your computer.

From: Jackpot on
Suppose you have selected a column with dates...in Step 2 dont select any
delimiters...or from Step1 select that as Fixed Width..