From: Oswald on
Please advise me is it possible to read/extract a formula from a
closed workbook eg. =IF(ISNUMBER(N26),MAX(N26*$N$2,M26),$O$1) from
say cell(26, 15) of a closed workbook, I've tried so far using
variations of ExecuteExcel4Macro() and an ADO routine but have only
returned values. I have a number of similar workbooks where the
contents of that cell can have 1 of 4 different formulas that I need
to determine.
Thanks in advance Oswald
From: Dave Peterson on
I don't have a way.

But I'd just turn off screenupdating, open the other workbook, grab what I need,
and close that other workbook.

It seems much easier to me.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Simon on
SUMPRODUCT might be what you are looking for.
Depending on how many calculations you have to do it can be a bit slow.
Cheers
Simon