From: Roger Govier on
Hi Penny

If you want a zero to appear, change the formula to
=IF(A2="",0,COUNTIF(Sheet1!B:B,A2))

If you say that there are no blanks or zero's appearing then the cells that
you think are blank, are probably not. They may contain a space character,
which will not be visible.
Try pressing delete on those cells in column A that you think should be
blank.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4839 (20100205) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Penny on
Okay how about a whole different slant... If the Column A has a "0" in it it
should not be included in the total count that this formula is turning
around. Row 6 in the example below is blank... say it has a 0 in it but I
don't want that included in the count... Help please?????

Thanks.

From: Roger Govier on
Hi Penny

If that is the case, and that there will be values in column B of Sheet1
when column A is blanks, then you will need to revert to the Sumproduct
formula given to you by Exl-Learner, but modified to work on Sheet2.
Enter in Sheet2 cell B2 the following
=IF($A2="","",SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$B$2:$B$1000=$A2)*(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$1000<>"")))
and copy down as required

--

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4849 (20100208) __________

http://www.eset.com