From: CM4 on
What is the forumla that allows tells you if data is in text or number
format. I remember using it before but can't seem to remember it?
From: Gary''s Student on
=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),"number","text")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001
From: מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן on
If I understood correctly - it might be:
=ISTEXT(A1)
=ISNUMBER(A1)
Micky

From: מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן on
OR, maybe: =CELL("type",A4)
*** browse the 'Help' to learn about that function ***
Micky

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
Either that, or your previous suggestion of ISNUMBER or ISTEXT, will tell
you whether the cell CONTENT is number or text, but if the OP wants to know
whether the cell FORMAT is number or text, perhaps =CELL("format",A4)?

Remember that a cell may have text as a content, but be formatted as number,
or vice versa.
--
David Biddulph