From: badgolferman on
Merseydotes&ratherforeignquotes, 8/5/2010,7:04:00 AM, wrote:

> http://dottech.org/freebies/17360
>

> Dottech links to Chip Online which is offering the freebie.
> There's also a link for registration for the serial. Try to use a
> temp email to avoid spam ads.
>

> Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced
>
> Burn and update data discs
> Burn data to discs and update previously burned discs by adding and
> removing files and folders.
> Back up your data to single or multiple discs
> Back up your valuable data to one or more discs. Single backups can
> span multiple discs. Restore your backups in a single easy operation.
> Rip and burn audio
> Rip audio from CDs and burn to audio CDs and MP3 discs on CD, DVD and
> Blu- ray in a variety of formats.
> Burn movies to DVDs and data discs
> You can burn video DVDs, Video CDs (VCD), Super Video CDs (SVCD) and
> data video discs.
> Copy CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs
> Just insert a disc, select Copy and you�re ready to burn.
> Create and burn disc images
> You can both create and burn ISO, CUE/BIN and Ashampoo�s own special
> ASHDISC image formats.
> Erase rewriteable discs
> Quick and easy erase functions for reusing rewriteable discs.
> Expert burn functions for full control
> Burning experts can create modified copies of existing discs (read in
> data structure and make changes and additions) and burn discs of all
> kinds with full control of all main configuration options.
> Label Designer
> Point-and-click label design
> Ready-to-use themes � just enter your title data
> Import track data from your disc
> Design and create:
> Disc labels
> Booklets
> Covers for jewel cases, slim cases, DVD and Blu-ray cases
> Add your own backgrounds, text objects, images and data tables
> Fast alignment and editing tools for images and text

Thanks! I like that software.

From: Steve Terry on
<Merseydotes&ratherforeignquotes> wrote in message
> http://dottech.org/freebies/17360
>
> Dottech links to Chip Online which is offering the freebie.
> There's also a link for registration for the serial. Try to use a
> temp email to avoid spam ads.
>
> Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced
<snip>

Excellent, i'll uninstall Burning Studio 2010 i've got
and download Advanced

Thanks
Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: Ron on
On 8/6/2010 10:45 AM, Merseydotes&ratherforeignquotes wrote:
> "Steve Terry"<gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in news:i3g490$igj$1(a)news.eternal-
> september.org:
>
>> <Merseydotes&ratherforeignquotes> wrote in message
>>> http://dottech.org/freebies/17360
>>>
>>> Dottech links to Chip Online which is offering the freebie.
>>> There's also a link for registration for the serial. Try to use a
>>> temp email to avoid spam ads.
>>>
>>> Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced
>> <snip>
>>>

>> Excellent, i'll uninstall Burning Studio 2010 i've got
>> and download Advanced
>>
>> Thanks
>> Steve Terry
>

> I've never actually used Ashampoo. Is there any reason you use this rather
> than Imgburn?
>
> http://www.imgburn.com/

It depends on how much information you want from your software. Imgburn
gives you access to /many/ boxes that supply all kinds of data about
your drive, media, etc., etc. Ashampoo is very GUI-based; most of the
work is "under the hood". From personal experience with their commercial
burning product, it's /very/ easy to use. As to the final results, I
suspect that depends on your hardware and OS. AFAIK, the last update of
Imgburn made it compatible with Win7. I'm not sure if Burning Studio
2010 is compatible with 64-bit Win 7, but it works with 32-bit.

hth
Ron

From: Slarty on
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 14:51:58 -0700, Ron wrote:

>> http://www.imgburn.com/
>
> It depends on how much information you want from your software. Imgburn
> gives you access to /many/ boxes that supply all kinds of data about
> your drive, media, etc., etc. Ashampoo is very GUI-based; most of the
> work is "under the hood". From personal experience with their commercial
> burning product, it's /very/ easy to use. As to the final results, I
> suspect that depends on your hardware and OS. AFAIK, the last update of
> Imgburn made it compatible with Win7. I'm not sure if Burning Studio
> 2010 is compatible with 64-bit Win 7, but it works with 32-bit.

I'm not sure how much simpler to use successfully Imgburn could be. There's
really no need at all usually for "access to /many/ boxes that supply all
kinds of data about your drive, media, etc., etc". It's by far the easiest
burner I've ever used, and I've lost count of the number of those over the
years.

Cheers,

roy
From: Ron on
On 8/7/2010 7:41 AM, Slarty wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 14:51:58 -0700, Ron wrote:
>
>>> http://www.imgburn.com/
>>
>> It depends on how much information you want from your software. Imgburn
>> gives you access to /many/ boxes that supply all kinds of data about
>> your drive, media, etc., etc. Ashampoo is very GUI-based; most of the
>> work is "under the hood". From personal experience with their commercial
>> burning product, it's /very/ easy to use. As to the final results, I
>> suspect that depends on your hardware and OS. AFAIK, the last update of
>> Imgburn made it compatible with Win7. I'm not sure if Burning Studio
>> 2010 is compatible with 64-bit Win 7, but it works with 32-bit.
>
> I'm not sure how much simpler to use successfully Imgburn could be. There's
> really no need at all usually for "access to /many/ boxes that supply all
> kinds of data about your drive, media, etc., etc". It's by far the easiest
> burner I've ever used, and I've lost count of the number of those over the
> years.
>
> Cheers,
>
> roy

No argument there. I guess what I was pointing out was that Imgburn will
give you access to information that Burning Studio won't. You certainly
don't have to access anything that to use the software.

best,

Ron