From: Murray R. Van Luyn on
The FAT16/ 8051 Re-Work of Dave Dunfield's Minimal Dos Compatible File
System (MDCFS) for the Keil C compiler is now complete and is available for
download at www.iinet.net.au/~vanluynm

Situated over the Compact Flash sector level hardware and routines (also
available from the link above), or above your own low level media access
routines, the file system allows you to read from or write to single FAT16
DOS format root directory files.

You need only an 8051/ 8052 class controller with 128 bytes of DATA, 128
bytes of IDATA, and 1024 bytes of XDATA to get it all working.

Many thanks to Dave Dunfield who has very generously made his original FAT12
MDCFS code available for this purpose.

Regards,
Murray R. Van Luyn.

From: Repzak on

"Murray R. Van Luyn" <vanluynm(a)NOSPAM.iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> The FAT16/ 8051 Re-Work of Dave Dunfield's Minimal Dos Compatible File
> System (MDCFS) for the Keil C compiler is now complete and is available
> for
> download at www.iinet.net.au/~vanluynm
>
> Situated over the Compact Flash sector level hardware and routines (also
> available from the link above), or above your own low level media access
> routines, the file system allows you to read from or write to single FAT16
> DOS format root directory files.
>
> You need only an 8051/ 8052 class controller with 128 bytes of DATA, 128
> bytes of IDATA, and 1024 bytes of XDATA to get it all working.
>
> Many thanks to Dave Dunfield who has very generously made his original
> FAT12
> MDCFS code available for this purpose.

Hey

I saw your page, does the filesystem only handle root files, like written on
the page ?

i have made a fat16 for mmc which kan handle sub dirs, but not write.. maybe
we could join them

Kasper

From: Murray R. Van Luyn on
Sorry Guy's. I made evey effort to get it all squared up. Duh, I fell
straight into that one. He's withdrawn it and I'm now expecting legal
action.

Magnanimity only pays for someone else. I Give Up!

From: Murray R. Van Luyn on
>I Give Up!

Strike that.

From: Dave Dunfield on
>Sorry Guy's. I made evey effort to get it all squared up. Duh, I fell
>straight into that one. He's withdrawn it and I'm now expecting legal
>action.

>Magnanimity only pays for someone else. I Give Up!

I would not normally go into this in public, however since you have
done so, I would like to set the record straight:

I did not say anything about legal action.

I simply asked you to remove the modified copy of my example code
from distribution because you have not only made it incompatible with
my toolset, but you have made it require a competitors toolset. You
failed to mention this in all of our previous correspondance.

Regards,
Dave Dunfield

For the record, here is the entire text of the message I sent to Murry
earlier today.
Murry,

In all of your correspondance, this is the first time you have mentioned
that you are making the code specific to the Kiel compiler. Since you indicated
that you are a customer, I had assumed that you were using my compiler.

Keil is a competitor, and you are essentiually forcing people to use a
competitor instead of my own product. This is not acceptable. Please stop
distribution of this modified code.

Regards,
Dave

Dunfield Development Systems http://www.dunfield.com
Low cost software development tools for embedded systems
Software/firmware development services Fax:613-256-5821