From: Ciccio on
Hello, are there different versions of this disk for PAL / NTSC
machines, or is there only 1 version that works with both systems?
From: Sam on
On 17 jun, 13:24, Ciccio <nonsid...(a)no.no> wrote:
> Hello, are there different versions of this disk for PAL / NTSC
> machines, or is there only 1 version that works with both systems?

Hello Ciccio,

I think there are no PAL/NTSC diskdrives. The only difference is the
PSU (240 or 110 Volt) and the stroboscopic cart at the drivewheel (50
Hz or 60 Hz) About a year ago I buyed a 110 Volt SFD-1001 diskdrive
from an American guy and only replaced the transformer for a 240 Volt
version (from a donor 1541 who has the same), nothing more.

The drive works 100% with my PAL C64, so I'm almost sure there are no
different versions of a alignment disk.

Regards, SAM
From: Groepaz on
Sam wrote:

> On 17 jun, 13:24, Ciccio <nonsid...(a)no.no> wrote:
>> Hello, are there different versions of this disk for PAL / NTSC
>> machines, or is there only 1 version that works with both systems?
>
> Hello Ciccio,
>
> I think there are no PAL/NTSC diskdrives. The only difference is the
> PSU (240 or 110 Volt) and the stroboscopic cart at the drivewheel (50
> Hz or 60 Hz) About a year ago I buyed a 110 Volt SFD-1001 diskdrive
> from an American guy and only replaced the transformer for a 240 Volt
> version (from a donor 1541 who has the same), nothing more.
>
> The drive works 100% with my PAL C64, so I'm almost sure there are no
> different versions of a alignment disk.

you are right, the drives are the same in pal and ntsc world. and
nevertheless, the process of aligning has zero to do with pal vs ntsc - so
there are no different alignment disks either :)

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org http://ftp.pokefinder.org

Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one
instruction --- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program
can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.

From: Thierry on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:24:23 +0200, Ciccio <nonsidice(a)no.no> wrote:

>Hello, are there different versions of this disk for PAL / NTSC
>machines, or is there only 1 version that works with both systems?

yes they are! ... ,the drive connected to a NTSC system works at 300
RPM and PAL works at 320 RPM , im use a Drean Commodore 64 PAL-N
System and 1541 Disk Drive and Works at 325 RPM .

this is the last page scaned manual , read this ...

>http://i45.tinypic.com/2u9iqew.jpg

Regards
From Argentina ...

Thierry
From: Groepaz on
Ingo Korb wrote:

> Thierry <thierrykurtout(a)hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> yes they are! ... ,the drive connected to a NTSC system works at 300
>> RPM and PAL works at 320 RPM , im use a Drean Commodore 64 PAL-N
>> System and 1541 Disk Drive and Works at 325 RPM .
>
> No, it's 300rpm everywhere.

yep

>> this is the last page scaned manual , read this ...
>>
>>>http://i45.tinypic.com/2u9iqew.jpg
>
> Funny, but completely wrong.

not entirely. what they mean is, that if you use their software, which is
written for a ntsc _c64_ on a pal _c64_ - then when the drive spins at
correct speed of 300rpm, the software will display 320 rpm. this is correct
.... the "kwikload" copyprogram, which also has a rpm display feature, has
exactly the same problem (its also written for ntsc c64s).

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org http://ftp.pokefinder.org

Irren ist menschlich. Aber wer richtigen Mist bauen will, braucht einen
Computer.