From: Lou on
Hi all,
can you suggest a software that is similar to JFLAP (www.jflap.org) but
which is free (FLOS) software?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Lou
From: Nicholas King on
Lou wrote:
> Hi all,
> can you suggest a software that is similar to JFLAP (www.jflap.org) but
> which is free (FLOS) software?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Lou
What about JFLAP?

http://www.jflap.org/getjflap.html It's free to use and if you email the
authors they might give you the source code.
From: Lou on
> What about JFLAP?
>
> http://www.jflap.org/getjflap.html It's free to use and if you email the
> authors they might give you the source code.
Yes, I know you can download it at no charge, and the source code is
indeed available after you fill out a form. But I meant free software in
a proper sense (as in "free speech"), i.e., freely redistributable,
modifiable, etc.

So, I was just wondering if anybody knows something *else* with similar
features but a different licensing.

Lou
From: A.L. on
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:58:53 +0200, Lou
<NOSPAMthekurioNOSPAM(a)libero.it> wrote:

>> What about JFLAP?
>>
>> http://www.jflap.org/getjflap.html It's free to use and if you email the
>> authors they might give you the source code.
>Yes, I know you can download it at no charge, and the source code is
>indeed available after you fill out a form. But I meant free software in
>a proper sense (as in "free speech"), i.e., freely redistributable,
>modifiable, etc.
>
>So, I was just wondering if anybody knows something *else* with similar
>features but a different licensing.
>
>Lou

Did you read the license?... You can do with this software what you
want - share, modify, distribute etc. The only thing you canot do is
using the software for commercial purposes. And you must mention the
authors if you distribute teh software.

I believe that this lincence is more liberal than GNU license. More
"free" license would be no license at all, but I am afraid that such
software (any software) doesn't exist.

A.L.
From: Lou on
> Did you read the license?... You can do with this software what you
> want - share, modify, distribute etc. The only thing you canot do is
> using the software for commercial purposes. And you must mention the
> authors if you distribute teh software.
Yes, you're right, I didn't read the licence included with the source
code. I think it is "proper" free software, just with an ad hoc (but
minimal) licence. Thanks for pointing it out.

Lou