From: Tim Baird on
No response to this question on freebsd-questions so I am contacting
you directly. Thanks in advance....

What is the significance of this log warning?

istgt_iscsi.c:4039:istgt_iscsi_transfer_out: ***WARNING*** pending_pdus > 0

I receive this warning very regularly. Source code was not commented
unfortunately...

There is no obvious association observed between the warning and
iscsi load levels.

Context:
Using the Dell system below as a VM host. the Storage Array is acting
as the iscsi target

Hardware:

Storage array:

Adaptec 52445 SAS/SCSI card (512 MB cache)
16 Seagate ST31500341AS sata drives
Asus P5BV mobo (LSI SAS/SATA turned off - using adaptec controller
for iscsi targets via istgt)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz (2133.34-MHz K8-class CPU)
4 GB RAM
Intel quad core cpu
Intel Pro 1000 NIC - dual port configured with lagg loadbalancing

VM host system:
Dell Poweredge R300
Single Quad Core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3363 @ 2.83GHz
24 GB RAM
Intel 82576 quad load balanced (in pairs) NIC

regards
tb