From: Nikolaj Thygesen on
The current libcanberra - "libcanberra-0.10.tar.gz" - doesn't handle
multithreaded gtk applications well (doesn't take the gdk lock when
playing sounds), which is supposedly fixed in the latest release. Are
there any plans of doing updates in the near future?

br - Nikolaj Thygesen

From: Joe Marcus Clarke on
On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 00:53 +0100, Nikolaj Thygesen wrote:
> The current libcanberra - "libcanberra-0.10.tar.gz" - doesn't handle
> multithreaded gtk applications well (doesn't take the gdk lock when
> playing sounds), which is supposedly fixed in the latest release. Are
> there any plans of doing updates in the near future?

I just did this in the MarcusCom CVS repo. It will be merged as soon as
8.0 is announced which should be real soon now.

Joe