From: Abhijeet Kumar on
Hi
I am working with ASP.NET2.0, How can i freeze some of the columns of
GridView Control.
Thanks in Advance.

From: Dabbler on
If you are talking about fixing column width try ItemStyle-Width attribute.

From: Abhijeet Kumar on
I am not talking about Fixing Column Width, but about freezing Columns, so
that if i scrool with scroll bar, certain number of columns stay fixed on Ui
and only the other ones move.

From: Winista on
That kind of UI will be so confusing to user. Think for a moment what will
happen if one column in fixed and other columns move doen. Now the fixed
column data is completely out of sync with rest of the columns. Nobody will
be able to make any sense out the information in the grid. Also if you have
header in grid, what kind of behavior r u looking for that... fixed too :-)
I can't even imagine what kind of UI it will look like.

From: Mark Rae on
"Winista" <winista(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> That kind of UI will be so confusing to user. Think for a moment what will
> happen if one column in fixed and other columns move doen. Now the fixed
> column data is completely out of sync with rest of the columns. Nobody
> will be able to make any sense out the information in the grid. Also if
> you have header in grid, what kind of behavior r u looking for that...
> fixed too :-) I can't even imagine what kind of UI it will look like.

What utter rubbish! That functionality has been part of every spreadsheet
package for the last 10 years at least...

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: GridView RowCommand
Next: 'ProfileCommon' is ambiguous