From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on

---- Message Usenet réexpédié ----
De: "Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)" <yannick_duchene(a)yahoo.fr>
Groupe de discussion: fr.comp.lang.ada
Sujet: FunnelWeb's tutorial comes with an Ada example
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:59:05 +0100

Hello you and you,

You may know about literate programing (weither or not you use it). If so,
you may be interested about FunnelWeb, old, but there. I was having a
quick look at its tutorial, and when I arrived at part 4, “ A Complete
Example ”, I said “ Ouch, which language is using with/use like Ada ? ”.
Then I looked again, and Yes, the tutorial comes with an Ada example.
Short, but there.

http://www.ross.net/funnelweb/tutorial/example.html

It seems at the time, this same FunnelWeb was used (think the tutorial
comes with an Ada example in this context) to create a data integrity
check product (as claimed on the home page).

Nice to see these three things together, isn't it ?

--
No-no, this isn't an oops ...or I hope (TM) - Don't blame me... I'm just
not lucky
From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on
> You may know about literate programing (weither or not you use it). If
> so,
> you may be interested about FunnelWeb, old, but there. I was having a
> quick look at its tutorial, and when I arrived at part 4, “ A Complete
> Example ”, I said “ Ouch, which language is using with/use like Ada ? ”.
> Then I looked again, and Yes, the tutorial comes with an Ada example.
> Short, but there.
>
> http://www.ross.net/funnelweb/tutorial/example.html
>
> It seems at the time, this same FunnelWeb was used (think the tutorial
> comes with an Ada example in this context) to create a data integrity
> check product (as claimed on the home page).
>
> Nice to see these three things together, isn't it ?

Another reference to Ada in the same area. Now talking about a Wiki-like
literate programming "language" ,
http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/1336
Someone has exclaimed :
> Sounds great!
> Does it to do Ada? ;-) (Yes, it does!)

This post is the opportunity for another quote. If you think Ada is as
much an attitude (in one area at least) and fulfilling some requirement as
it is a language which enforce these both, then you may not feel I'm out
of topic if I quote this, which does not contains even a single word about
Ada (namely / by name) :

http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/3663
> I was one of the original authors at IBM Research. The code was sold
> to another company and was a commercial product for years. It was
> withdrawn from the market and given to me to open source it.
> -
> I discovered that I was unable to understand programs I wrote 15
> years ago. I knew WHAT it did but I did not know WHY it did it or
> WHY it did it that way.
> -
> The issue of literate programming is an issue of writing a program
> that LIVES rather than writing a program that WORKS.
(while this can be pleasant too, if it works, we like both I suppose)

As last words, for interested peoples, I was thinking that as literate is
just a transformation of one text into another (or others), then XML +
XSLT may be the most natural choice here. I've searched about it, and it
seems indeed someones already though the same. But as I do not like to
speak alone (said with cheese), I will not talk about it unless someone
react to this topic,

Have a nice time

From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on
Le Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:57:11 +0100, Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)
<yannick_duchene(a)yahoo.fr> a écrit:
> Now talking about a Wiki-like literate programming "language" ,
Erratum. Was confused with another project. This one is *not* the one
about a literate programming "language" using a wiki-like syntax (that's
another), it's the one about a wiki showing literate programming in
actions (on little snips).