From: "Gary" on
Is there a way to insert a watermark on an image as it is being uploaded to
the image file, then removed when it is called from a database to be viewed
on a website?

The rational behind this is I have a photographers site I am doing, and I am
limiting the size of the images somewhat to reduce pilferage and I would
like to be able to show the images a little larger, hence with a bit more
clarity and detail.

Thanks for your input.

Gary

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5458 (20100917) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 18:03 -0400, Gary wrote:

> Is there a way to insert a watermark on an image as it is being uploaded to
> the image file, then removed when it is called from a database to be viewed
> on a website?
>
> The rational behind this is I have a photographers site I am doing, and I am
> limiting the size of the images somewhat to reduce pilferage and I would
> like to be able to show the images a little larger, hence with a bit more
> clarity and detail.
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Gary
>

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5458 (20100917) __________

> http://www.eset.com

So where does the watermark get shown, because from what I can gather
from your description, it only exists on the image with the DB...

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: "Gary" on
Thank you both for your input, my assumption was when an image file is
gathered from a web page, through whatever method, the image was going to be
served up from the server, thus if the image file on the server had the
watermark, then so would the image that is being captured.

Thanks again for your help.

Gary

From: tedd on
At 6:03 PM -0400 9/17/10, Gary wrote:
>Is there a way to insert a watermark on an image as it is being uploaded to
>the image file, then removed when it is called from a database to be viewed
>on a website?
>
>The rational behind this is I have a photographers site I am doing, and I am
>limiting the size of the images somewhat to reduce pilferage and I would
>like to be able to show the images a little larger, hence with a bit more
>clarity and detail.
>
>Thanks for your input.
>
>Gary

Gary:

Don't complicate this process more than necessary.

Simply upload the image file normally and store it in the file system
OR the database.

When you want to show the image as a thumbnail, then show it. Here's the code:

http://webbytedd.com/b/thumb/

If you want to show it with a watermark, then show that. Again,
here's the code:

http://webbytedd.com/b/watermark/

If you want to show the image as a thumbnail with a watermark, then
combine the two routines. I'll leave that to you.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------
http://sperling.com/
From: Peter Lind on
On 19 September 2010 16:05, tedd <tedd.sperling(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> At 6:03 PM -0400 9/17/10, Gary wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way to insert a watermark on an image as it is being uploaded
>> the image file, then removed when it is called from a database to be
>> viewed
>> on a website?
>>
>> The rational behind this is I have a photographers site I am doing, and I
>> am
>> limiting the size of the images somewhat to reduce pilferage and I would
>> like to be able to show the images a little larger, hence with a bit more
>> clarity and detail.
>>
>> Thanks for your input.
>>
>> Gary
>
> Gary:
>
> Don't complicate this process more than necessary.
>
> Simply upload the image file normally and store it in the file system OR the
> database.
>
> When you want to show the image as a thumbnail, then show it. Here's the
> code:
>
> http://webbytedd.com/b/thumb/
>
> If you want to show it with a watermark, then show that. Again, here's the
> code:
>
> http://webbytedd.com/b/watermark/
>
> If you want to show the image as a thumbnail with a watermark, then combine
> the two routines. I'll leave that to you.

You're generating the thumbnail on every request. Just generate it
once and serve the thumbnail as a file (there's no reason why you
would need to invoke php to show a thumbnail of an image).
Regards
Peter

--
<hype>