From: qquito on
Dear Everyone:

I have used my GE cordless phone for several years. It stopped working
suddenly a couple of days ago. The problem is as follows: When I pick
up the speaker and press the PHONE button, the red light flashes
quickly about a dozen times and, then the speaker beeps 4 times before
the red light goes off automatically. (When the phone works normally,
the red light persists and, you can proceed to dial a number.)

I first thought probably the rechargeable battery was dying, and
bought a new one from WalMart and replaced the old one with the new
one. However, the same problem persists.

Could anyone tell what the problem is and what I should do?

Thank you for reading and replying!

--Roland
From: hr(bob) hofmann on
On Jun 13, 8:26 pm, qquito <qqu...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Everyone:
>
> I have used my GE cordless phone for several years. It stopped working
> suddenly a couple of days ago. The problem is as follows: When I pick
> up the speaker and press the PHONE button, the red light flashes
> quickly about a dozen times and, then the speaker beeps 4 times before
> the red light goes off automatically. (When the phone works normally,
> the red light persists and, you can proceed to dial a number.)
>
> I first thought probably the rechargeable battery was dying, and
> bought a new one from WalMart and replaced the old one with the new
> one. However, the same problem persists.
>
> Could anyone tell what the problem is and what I should do?
>
> Thank you for reading and replying!
>
> --Roland

Did you check to see if the new battery was fully charged? Find
someone with a voltmeter to check. The charger on the base station
may have gone bad.
From: qquito on
On Jun 13, 10:43 pm, "hr(bob) hofm...(a)att.net" <hrhofm...(a)att.net>
wrote:
> On Jun 13, 8:26 pm, qquito <qqu...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Did you check to see if the new battery was fully charged?  Find
> someone with a voltmeter to check.  The charger on the base station
> may have gone bad.

Thank you for reminding!

The cordless phone uses a set of 3 rechargeable batteries. Now it is 2
days since I replaced the batteries and, I assume there is enough
charge.

I also removed the 4 screws and opened the base station and did not
find anything there resembling a battery.

--Roland

From: JR North on
No comm with the handset.
JR

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 18:26:18 -0700 (PDT), qquito <qquito(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Dear Everyone:
>
>I have used my GE cordless phone for several years. It stopped working
>suddenly a couple of days ago. The problem is as follows: When I pick
>up the speaker and press the PHONE button, the red light flashes
>quickly about a dozen times and, then the speaker beeps 4 times before
>the red light goes off automatically. (When the phone works normally,
>the red light persists and, you can proceed to dial a number.)
>
>I first thought probably the rechargeable battery was dying, and
>bought a new one from WalMart and replaced the old one with the new
>one. However, the same problem persists.
>
>Could anyone tell what the problem is and what I should do?
>
>Thank you for reading and replying!
>
>--Roland
HOME PAGE:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth
From: qquito on
On Jun 15, 2:04 am, JR North <junkjasonrno...(a)bigfoot.com> wrote:
> No comm with the handset.
> JR

Thank you for the input, though I do not understand what you mean.

--Roland