From: Mike Silva on
On Jun 13, 9:54 am, Mike Silva <snarflem...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2:21 pm, qunying <zhu.quny...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > Just got an email from Libre site, GNAT GPL 2008 is out.
>
> > ^_^
>
> Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I just downloaded
> and installed it (x86 Windows) and immediately drove into a ditch.  It
> can't find gnatmake on the executable path.  Since gnatmake.exe is
> right there in the \bin directory, I clearly need to set up the
> executable path, but I sure can't find where to do that.  It also
> tells me on startup "Could not locate exec gnatls" and "Could not
> compute predefined paths for this project" (the included Demo
> project).  I've examined every menu command and looked through the
> help and I'm still as stuck as when I started.  Any tip?  Thanks.
>
> Mike

I just reinstalled everything and that fixed the problem.
From: Peter C. Chapin on
Mike Silva wrote:

> Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I just downloaded
> and installed it (x86 Windows) and immediately drove into a ditch. It
> can't find gnatmake on the executable path. Since gnatmake.exe is
> right there in the \bin directory, I clearly need to set up the
> executable path, but I sure can't find where to do that.

The installer asks if you want to make the tools available from the
command line. If you say "yes" it adds the appropriate bin directory to
the path. However, you'll probably need to reboot (log out + log in?)
for the change to take effect in the GUI environment.

Peter