From: gtpd on
Every time I install a package I get multiple gpg errors all saying :
No key found for id 0x#1=... Try some command like gpg --recv-keys
0x#1#. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance.
From: Jorge Gajon on
On 2010-03-11, gtpd <tyler.rabbit(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Every time I install a package I get multiple gpg errors all saying :
> No key found for id 0x#1=... Try some command like gpg --recv-keys
> 0x#1#. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

This is when using (asdf-install:install 'some-package) right?

When `asdf-install` downloads a package to install it will also look for
a signature of that package (usually a file with the same name as the
original file but with .asc appended to it), that signature is then
checked for validity with GPG. This steps assures you that the package
is not corrupted and that it was actually built by the author.

But, for the installation of GPG running under your user account to be
able to recognize a signature made by a certain person, you need to
manually add the public key of that person to your key list.

This may sound confusing if you haven't used GPG before, but it is
actually very easy. I recommend you search for a GPG tutorial, there are
plenty.

You should also read this ASDF-Install tutorial
http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf-install/tutorial/install.html

And in the reference section you can see how to disable this security
check, but I'd recommend you learn how to use GPG instead.

Jorge