Prev: 2D CAD
Next: NVU Extensions
From: Daphne Eze on
I;m looking for software that will recieve data from a GPS unit and
transfer the display of the GPS to the computer screen.

Does anyone know of something loke this?

Thanks
Daphne

From: Jan de Bree on
Hi Daphne,
To send and receive waypoints I use GPS TrackMaker http://www.gpstm.com/
To transfer maps you may need the map software that is made by the
manufacturer of the GPS (Mapsend for Magellan.

You have a GPS on your bike? :-)
Jan

From: Jast on
Yeah I use GPS Trackmaker as well. It is an excellent program and the
latest version allows you to save your files as .gpx and also export
directly to google earth where you can play your journey, ie it animates
your tracklog which is very cool.

It also allows you to open up any point in google maps on the net.

Otherwise you can also use g7towin which downloads gps data and saves in
a large number of formats.

From: Daphne Eze on
Thanks everyone. I have a client that has a Lowrance globalmap100. He
wants the screen that you see on your GPS transfered to the laptop so
that it is biger and easier to see. From what I've read it doesn't work
that way. If I understand it correctly you can download way points and
routes etc. but not have a live feed of the information from the GPS to
the laptop. is this correct?

Cheers
Daphne

From: Daphne Eze on

Jan de Bree wrote:

> Hi Daphne,
> To send and receive waypoints I use GPS TrackMaker http://www.gpstm.com/
> To transfer maps you may need the map software that is made by the
> manufacturer of the GPS (Mapsend for Magellan.
>
> You have a GPS on your bike? :-)
> Jan
>
> Daphne Eze wrote:
>
>> I;m looking for software that will recieve data from a GPS unit and
>> transfer the display of the GPS to the computer screen.
>>
>> Does anyone know of something loke this?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Daphne

Not yet Jan. But one day I will have all the toys my little heart
desires <G>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: 2D CAD