From: Brown Bannister on
[GR] > The Number 401 - Aleph + Tav

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none
else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the
beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done,
saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Isaiah 46.9f

Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought
forth: While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the
highest part of the dust of the world. When he prepared the heavens, I
was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

Proverbs 8.25f

The Number 401 is prime. Its primary significance is found in the sum
of the Aleph (1) and Tav (400). It is the Hebrew equivalent of the
Alpha and Omega (801) which identifies the Creator. The name of
Isaiah, whcih sums to 401, bears witness to the 66 chapters of the
Inner Wheel of Isaiah as an image of the Bible within the Bible -
complete from Aleph to Tav.

The Number 401 involves the First and the Last - and so resonates with
the idea of an octave. This is particularly clear in the Alpha and
Omega, but is also seen in the Aleph Tav through the identity Shemunah
(Eight) = 401.

The Number 401

Aleph + Tav, Sign [S# H0852]Strong's Number

< H0852 >
את 'ath (Aramaic) {awth} corresponding to 0226; TWOT - 2617; n f AV -
sign 3; 3 1) sign, miraculous signs, wonders
Gematria: 401

Et
Like God (Full)

K'Elohim
I Was There [Pro 8.27]

Proverbs 8:27
<< Proverbs 8:27 >>

New International Version
I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the
horizon on the face of the deep,

New Living Translation
I was there when he established the heavens, when he drew the horizon
on the oceans.

English Standard Version
When he established the heavens, I was there; when he drew a circle on
the face of the deep,

New American Standard Bible
"When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a
circle on the face of the deep,

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"When he set up the heavens, I was there. When he traced the horizon
on the surface of the ocean,

King James Bible
When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon
the face of the depth:

American King James Version
When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass on
the face of the depth:

American Standard Version
When he established the heavens, I was there: When he set a circle
upon the face of the deep,

Bible in Basic English
When he made ready the heavens I was there: when he put an arch over
the face of the deep:

Douay-Rheims Bible
When he prepared the heavens, I was present: when with a certain law
and compass he enclosed the depths:

Darby Bible Translation
When he prepared the heavens I was there; when he ordained the circle
upon the face of the deep;

English Revised Version
When he established the heavens, I was there: when he set a circle
upon the face of the deep:

Webster's Bible Translation
When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon
the face of the depth:

World English Bible
When he established the heavens, I was there; when he set a circle on
the surface of the deep,

Young's Literal Translation
In His preparing the heavens I am there, In His decreeing a circle on
the face of the deep,

Geneva Study Bible
When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon
the face of the depth:

Wesley's Notes
8:27 I was there - As co - worker with my Father. Depth - Of that
great abyss of water and earth mixed together, which is called both
earth and water and the deep, Gen 1:2, when he made this lower world
in the form of a globe.

King James Translators' Notes
a compass: or, a circle

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
27. when he set . depth-marked out the circle, according to the
popular idea of the earth, as circular, surrounded by depths on which
the visible concave heavens rested.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
8:22-31 The Son of God declares himself to have been engaged in the
creation of the world. How able, how fit is the Son of God to be the
Saviour of the world, who was the Creator of it! The Son of God was
ordained, before the world, to that great work. Does he delight in
saving wretched sinners, and shall not we delight in his salvation?

Job 26:10 "He has inscribed a circle on the surface of the waters At
the boundary of light and darkness.

Proverbs 3:19 The LORD by wisdom founded the earth, By understanding
He established the heavens. (NASB)

Arch Circle Compass Decreeing Deep Depth Drew Established Face Heavens
Horizon Inscribed Marked Ordained Prepared Preparing Ready Surface

Arch Circle Compass Decreeing Deep Depth Drew Established Face Heavens
Horizon Inscribed Marked Ordained Prepared Preparing Ready Surface

Arch Circle Compass Decreeing Deep Depth Drew Established Face Heavens
Horizon Inscribed Marked Ordained Prepared Preparing Ready Surface

When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon
the face of the depth:
he prepared Ps 33:6 103:19 136:5 Jer 10:12 Col 1:16 Heb 1:2

compass or encircle Isa 40:11,22

Bible Gateway: Proverbs Chapter 8 Verse 27 NIV ESV NKJV NLT KJV
Message Amplified

Alphabetical: a circle deep established face he heavens horizon I in
inscribed marked of on out place set the there was when
OT Poetry: Proverbs 8:27 When he established the heavens I was (Prov.
Pro Pr)

-----------------------

Shem Ani
Isaiah

Yeshayahu
Clean

Katharos
Eight (masc. Abs.)

Shemunah
The Lord Hath Done It [Isa 44.23]

Oseh YHVH
Upon the Rock

El HaTsur
From Mount Zion

M'Hur Tsion
Standing before the Angel of the Lord

Amad Melekh YHVH

1. *Amad*
to stand, remain, endure, take one's stand
(Qal)
to stand, take one's stand, be in a standing attitude, stand forth,
take a stand, present oneself, attend upon, be or become servant of
to stand still, stop (moving or doing), cease
to tarry, delay, remain, continue, abide, endure, persist, be
steadfast
to make a stand, hold one's ground
to stand upright, remain standing, stand up, rise, be erect, be
upright
to arise, appear, come on the scene, stand forth, appear, rise up or
against
to stand with, take one's stand, be appointed, grow flat, grow
insipid
(Hiphil)
to station, set
to cause to stand firm, maintain
to cause to stand up, cause to set up, erect
to present (one) before (king)
to appoint, ordain, establish
(Hophal) to be presented, be caused to stand, be stood before
KJV (521) - (raise, stand, etc) ... up, 42; appointed, 10; continue,
6; endure, 8; establish, 5; misc, 42; present, 7; remain, 8; set, 32;
stand, 137; standing, 10; stay, 17; still, 15; stood, 171; waited, 5;
withstand, 6;
NAS (515) - abiding, 1; act, 1; appoint, 2; appointed, 15; arise, 11;
arisen, 1; arose, 3; attend, 1; attended, 1; broke, 1; changed, 1;
confirmed, 2; continue, 1; defend, 2; delay, 2; endure, 5; endures, 4;
enduring, 1; enter, 1; entered, 2; erected, 1; establish, 1;
established, 2; establishing, 1; fixed, 1; fulfill, 1; gives
stability, 1; halt, 1; halted, 1; hung, 6; join, 1; last, 1; living,
1; make a stand, 1; oppose, 1; opposed, 2; persists, 1; place, 1;
placed, 2; present, 3; presented, 1; propped, 2; quake, 1; raise, 2;
raised, 1; refrain, 1; rely, 1; remain, 5; remained, 4; remains, 5;
replaces, 1; represent, 1; resist, 1; restore, 2; restored, 2;
retains, 1; rise, 2; rose, 1; serve, 1; served, 4; service, 3;
serving, 1; set, 12; sets, 3; stand, 121; stand still, 1; standing,
67; standing upright, 2; stands, 15; station, 1; stationed, 8; stay,
8; stayed, 2; staying, 1; stood, 110; stood firm, 1; stood still, 11;
stop, 3; stopped, 9; survives, 1; take a stand, 1; take their stand,
1; took his stand, 1; took their stand, 1; wait, 1; waited, 1;
withstand, 1; withstanding, 1;

2. *Melekh*
The Letter Lamed
"The Letter Lamed, Lamed"
"The Hebrew Letter Lamed.

function MM_initInteractions(){} */I am MM.*/
Grammar/Unit_One/Aleph-Bet/Mem/mem
function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0
var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a[i])&&x.oSrc;i+
+) x.src=x.oSrc;
}
function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0
var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();
var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0;
i<a.length; i++)
if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j+
+].src=a[i];}}
}
function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
var p,i,x; if(!d) d=document;
if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++)
x=d.forms[i][n];
for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++)
x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);
if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
}
function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0
var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array;
for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)
if ((x=MM_findObj(a[i]))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc)
x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}
}
//-->
<!--
function open_new_window(url)
{
new_window = window.open(url,'window_name'
}
// New window attributes
// url - the variable for the url of the page in the new window
// that is passed by placing it single-quoted in either the link
or form
// window_name - the name of the new window being opened
// width - width of the new window in pixels
// height - height of the new window in pixels
// top - the new widow top will appear xx number of pixels from the
top of the screen
// left - the new widow left margin will appear xx number of pixels
from the left of the screen
// The following attributes will suppress the respective window
elements
// when the value is set to zero or if omitted. When listed or equal
to one
// the window attribute will appear
// toolbar,menubar,resizable,dependent,status
// -->
if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Netscape") != -1) {
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
}
document.onmousedown = trapClick
function trapClick(ev) {
if (document.all) {
if (event.button == 2) {
return false;
}
}
if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Netscape") != -1) {
if (ev.which == 3) {
return false;
}
}
}
//-->
<BODY NOF="(MB=(Borders, 107, 115, 170, 5), L=(LamedLayout, 600,
5093))" onLoad="MM_initInteractions()" ondragstart="return false"
onselectstart="return false" TOPMARGIN=0 LEFTMARGIN=0 MARGINWIDTH=0
MARGINHEIGHT=0>
<!--
//Disable right click script III
var message="";
///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
// -->ALT="Shaddai"
ALT="Home"
ALT="Grammar"
ALT="Blessings"
ALT="Prayers"
ALT="Scripture"
ALT="Names of G-d"
function onPictureRollover1A39317Over() {}
function onPictureRollover1A39317Out() {}
ALT="" name=PictureRollover1A39317>
//--><!--
ALT="Hebrew for Christians"
ALT="BS''D"
ALT=""
ALT="The Letter Lamed"
ALT="Alphabet"
ALT="Kaf"
The twelfth letter of the Hebrew alphabet is called
"Lamed" (pronounced "lah-med") and has the sound of "l" as in "look."
In modern Hebrew, the letter Lamed can appear in three forms:
ALT="Forms of Lamed"
Write the manual print version (or &quot;block&quot; version) of Lamed
as follows:
Note that the first stroke extends above the line and inclines from
left to right.

And the cursive version:
Note that the stroke hooks to the right and ascends the line.

Write the letter Lamed (from right to left) in both manual print and
script several times:

var page_name = 'Letter_Lamed';
var invisible = 'Yes';
var framed = 'no';
function sE(){return true;}window.onError=sE;var base=document;
if(framed=='yes'){base=top.document;}var rn=Math.random();
var ui='parsonsj';var al='CounterCentral hit counters';
var qry=ui+':1::'+escape(base.referrer)+'::'+screen.width
+'x'+screen.height+'::'+screen.colorDepth+'::'+escape(page_name)
+'::'+invisible+'::'+rn+"::"+escape(base.URL);

Advanced Information
The letter Lamed is the 12th letter of the Aleph-Bet, having the
numeric value of 30. The pictograph for Lamed looks like a shepherd's
staff or goad, whereas the classical Hebrew script is constructed of a
Kaf with a Vav standing upon it:

The Uniqueness of Lamed
The letter Lamed is unique in the Hebrew alphabet since it is the
tallest letter (it is the only letter that rises above the baseline)
and, as the 12th letter, it is considered the central letter (or
"heart") of the Hebrew alphabet:

Since Lamed towers over the other letters from its central position,
it is said to represent melekh hamelakhim, the King of Kings. This
idea is supported by the idea that the preceding letter stands for
kisei hakavod, "the throne of Glory," and the following letter stands
for malkhut, "kingdom." The sages also point out that the three
central letters can spell the word melekh, King.</LI>

The Meaning of Lamed
The original meaning of Lamed probably was "to prick, sting, incite,
goad," as a shepherd might prod cattle to perform some action. Hence
the ancient pictograph was that of a staff or goad, representing
authority.
The Hebrew name of the letter itself, lamed, comes from the root lamad
meaning to learn or teach, which first occurs in Deuteronomy 4:1
"And now, O Israel, listen to the statutes and the rules that I am
teaching you..."From this we can see that the first business of
learning is mishnei Torah, the repetition (or inculcation) of the
Torah. Indeed, since Lamed is the tallest of the Hebrew letters, it
draws our attention to the source of all learning, namely the Torah
itself.

Lamed and Heart Knowledge Rabbi Akiva (50-135) is said to have noted
that the spelling of Lamed can be seen as an acronym for the phrase
lev meivin da'at, meaning "a heart that understands knowledge":

In other words, the goal of learning and teaching (lamed) is heart
knowledge. Moreover, since it is the only letter allowed to ascend
above the other letters in the sacred writings, Lamed represents the
prominence of learning and understanding to the Jewish heart.
Note: According to Jewish mysticism, the numerical value of the phrase
lev meivin da'at is the same as the phrase "the heart of Eve,"
suggesting that the woman's heart is essential for a complete
understanding of reality.
The "Goad" of Lamed
Learning in the Jewish tradition is not an end in itself, but should
spur us on to action. For example, in Pirkei Avot 1:7 it is written:
"Study is not the ultimate goal, rather the deeds." Likewise in Pirkei
Avot 4:6 the Jewish sages write:
"Rabbi Yismael bar Rabbi Yose said, 'One who studies [Torah] in order
to teach is given the means to study and to teach; and one who studies
[Torah] in order to do is given the means to study and to teach, and
to guard and to do.'" In other words, a true talmid (student or
learner) is not one who is entirely bookish and without deeds of
righteousness that accompany his or her learning. This is echoed in
the famous words of Simon the Just, who said that the world stands
upon three things: upon Torah, upon worship and upon loving deeds:
"Upon three things the world does stand: upon the Torah and upon
worship and upon acts of lovingkindness." In light of this, we can see
how the word Lamed is connected with malmad, a goad or spur to action.
Like a wise shepherd, learning will both spur us on to good deeds and
control our animal instincts.

The Gematria of Lamed
The letter Lamed itself represents the number 30, but its constituent
parts, Vav and Kaf, yield the number 26, which is the number of YHVH:
Since Lamed is central and raised above all the other letters, it
represents YHVH, or the King of Kings. Moreover the number 30 is the
same value as (Judah), indicating a connection between "learning,"
YHVH, and the tribe of Judah (see Genesis 49:10).

Prefixive Lamed
When Lamed appears as a prefix to a word in Hebrew, it often denotes
the grammatical object which we translate with "to" or "for." For
example, melekh means king, but l'melekh means "to a king" or "for a
king." In other words, Lamed designates the direction or goal of
action as well as the goad of that action.
Learning (talmud) is then a means to an end, not the end itself. But
what is the end to which it leads? Is it not the love of the LORD
Himself and His salvation? Is not a relationship with the LORD God of
Israel the final goal of talmud Torah? As Jesus Himself said, "You
search the Scriptures (i.e., Torah) because you think that in them you
have eternal life; but it is they that bear witness of Me" (John 5:39)

In other words, studying and learning Torah is meant to ultimately
reveal the love and grace of the Mashiach, Yeshua, the true Teacher
and King of Kings.

Special Tag on Lamed
In Genesis 27:30 there is an unusual tag added to the normal Lamed:
This reads, "As soon as Isaac finished blessing Jacob..." (the
flourish on the Lamed occurs in the word killah). The sages suggest
that this extra embellishment on the Lamed points to the blessing that
God had just given to Jacob, as if it were descending upon him from
heaven.

Lamed, Israel, and "Am Segulah" The word Yisrael (Israel) begins with
the smallest letter (Yod) and ends with the largest letter (Lamed),
suggesting Israel's dependence upon the LORD. In fact, in Exodus 19:5
the scribes write a deliberately oversized Lamed and a deliberately
undersized Yod right next to one another:
This reads, "And you shall be to me a treasure among all the peoples."
The sages teach that Israel is am segulah, a treasured people, when
they keep the covenant of the LORD by acknowledging His greatness and
Israel's smallness. That is, God is the great Lamed, Teacher, King of
Kings, whereas Israel is the small Yod, the small hand extended upward
to heaven in praise and in worship. When the relationship between the
LORD and us is like this, we too will be a treasured possession to the
LORD.

In Deuteronomy 29:26 there is an oversized Lamed:
This reads, "and He cast them into another land..." The Jewish sages
note that this oversized Lamed suggests that Israel's ejection from
the land (and the subsequent Diaspora) would be used by the LORD to
greatly teach them as a people about the greatness of the LORD. And in
these last days, we behold the manifold wisdom of the LORD as He
gathers Israel back to the land of promise in anticipation of His soon
coming as Israel's true King of Kings

Factors: Prime
Related Numbers: 801, 2005