From: nickname on
I'm trying to build an Ada application with a GUI using the ObjectAda
command line interface in Windows XP.

My command looks like this: adabuild -g $(Module)
I get an executable which runs but in addition to the GUI window that
I want I get a Windows Command Prompt window I don't want. How do I
prevent the Command Line window from appearing?

I tried adding the -w option to the adabuild command but when I do
that the EXE file I get doesn't do anything.

Thanks,

Ernie
From: Jérôme Haguet on
Hello Ernie.

Try to add this option : -ll /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS

For more information, you can take a look at <ObjectAda>\help\cli.hlp

Hope this helps.

Jérôme

From: nickname on
On Sep 17, 4:30 am, Jérôme Haguet <j.hag...(a)cadwin.com> wrote:
> Hello Ernie.
>
> Try to add this option : -ll /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS
>
> For more information, you can take a look at <ObjectAda>\help\cli.hlp
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Jérôme

Jérôme,

Thanks, I tried that but it didn't help. I get an EXE but it doesn't
do anything when I double click on it.

Ernie

From: Alex on
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 04:38:11 -0700, nickname wrote:

> On Sep 17, 4:30 am, Jérôme Haguet <j.hag...(a)cadwin.com> wrote:
>> Hello Ernie.
>>
>> Try to add this option : -ll /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS
>>
>> For more information, you can take a look at <ObjectAda>\help\cli.hlp
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Jérôme
>>

> Jérôme,
>
> Thanks, I tried that but it didn't help. I get an EXE but it doesn't do
> anything when I double click on it.
>
> Ernie

This probably isn't relevant as it doesn't sound like you're using gnat
but in gnatmake the "-mwindows" option gets rid of the command prompt.