From: Stefan Link on
Andrei Caragea wrote:
> It was I who installed ruby and it worked just fine until 2 days ago.
>
> I tried with GEM_PATH and GEM_HOME before posting, but I think I was
> doing something wrong because it did not work. I have reinstalled ruby,
> I still have the Z in my path but now it's linked to my network folder.
>
> Instead of Z:/.gem/ruby/1.8 I have Z:/<network_folder>/.gem/ruby/1.8
>
> this works now.

Hi folks,

I still have just the same issue here. I am using the windows installer
and after doing so, gem env tells me this:

RubyGems Environment:
- RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.3.5
- RUBY VERSION: 1.8.6 (2010-02-04 patchlevel 398) [i386-mingw32]
- INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
- RUBY EXECUTABLE: C:/Ruby/bin/ruby.exe
- EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: C:/Ruby/bin
- RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
- ruby
- x86-mingw32
- GEM PATHS:
- C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
- U:/.gem/ruby/1.8
- GEM CONFIGURATION:
- :update_sources => true
- :verbose => true
- :benchmark => false
- :backtrace => false
- :bulk_threshold => 1000
- REMOTE SOURCES:
- http://gems.rubyforge.org/

OR

ruby -v -e "puts File.expand_path('~')"
--> U:/

My problem is, that U: is a network folder which is not accessible if I
want to work offline in the train or whatever.

So how can I tell gems not to use U:?

Thanks a lot!
Tem