From: disney_snoopy on
Hi all,

Can anyone explain how to generate the stereo and decode it in channel L
and R in Matlab. Need some explanation or example please!!! Would
appreciate it...
Thankz

From: Tauno Voipio on
disney_snoopy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone explain how to generate the stereo and decode it in channel L
> and R in Matlab. Need some explanation or example please!!! Would
> appreciate it...
> Thankz

Study project / homework?

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi
From: Richard Dobson on
disney_snoopy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone explain how to generate the stereo and decode it in channel L
> and R in Matlab. Need some explanation or example please!!! Would
> appreciate it...
> Thankz

?? Generate "the stereo" what? Setting aside semantic niceties, "stereo"
audio is just a two-channel audio stream or file (or 2-column matrix,
etc), presumed to be sent to two (L/R) front speakers. Nothing to
"decode".

Richard Dobson
From: Tauno Voipio on
Richard Dobson wrote:
> disney_snoopy wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can anyone explain how to generate the stereo and decode it in channel L
>> and R in Matlab. Need some explanation or example please!!! Would
>> appreciate it...
>> Thankz
>>

> ?? Generate "the stereo" what? Setting aside semantic niceties, "stereo"
> audio is just a two-channel audio stream or file (or 2-column matrix,
> etc), presumed to be sent to two (L/R) front speakers. Nothing to "decode".
>
> Richard Dobson

My guess is that he's attempting to simulate the
multiplex used on top of a FM radio transmission,
including the sub-carrier encoding, i.e. what you
get from the FM demodulator.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi
From: Richard Dobson on
Tauno Voipio wrote:
> Richard Dobson wrote:
>> disney_snoopy wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Can anyone explain how to generate the stereo and decode it in channel L
>>> and R in Matlab. Need some explanation or example please!!! Would
>>> appreciate it...
>>> Thankz
>>>

>> ?? Generate "the stereo" what? Setting aside semantic niceties,
>> "stereo" audio is just a two-channel audio stream or file (or
>> 2-column matrix, etc), presumed to be sent to two (L/R) front
>> speakers. Nothing to "decode".
>>
>> Richard Dobson
>

> My guess is that he's attempting to simulate the
> multiplex used on top of a FM radio transmission,
> including the sub-carrier encoding, i.e. what you
> get from the FM demodulator.

Hadn't thought of that. Perhaps that is an example of a question with
70% of the context assumed?

Richard Dobson
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3