From: John Hacker on
Now this must be the news of 2010

After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service
Packs, IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems.
Either M$ is now threatened by Googles rise to prominence or IE is
completely rubbish. Either way we should start taking instructions
from the German government if this article is anything to go by.

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm>

Is google's search engine more powerful than M$ Bing?
From: Carmel on
On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:42:36 -0800 (PST)
John Hacker <xfsgpr(a)googlemail.com> articulated:

> Now this must be the news of 2010
>
> After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service
> Packs, IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems.
> Either M$ is now threatened by Googles rise to prominence or IE is
> completely rubbish. Either way we should start taking instructions
> from the German government if this article is anything to go by.
>
> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm>
>
> Is google's search engine more powerful than M$ Bing?

Microsoft has never taken "security", despite their claims, seriously.
As long as they can convince users to use their products, they have no
incentive to strengthen their products against security threats. The
basic underlying architecture of Windows itself is virtually void of
security. Anyone interested in real security would use a non-win32/64
system. My own company switched to FreeBSD, and conversely MUAs, etc. a
few years ago. Since that time not a single virus or Trojan has ever
appeared on our system. The time and expense (virtually $0 dollars) of
switching was more than offset in the savings on AV software, etc alone.

--