From: Gene Augustin on
MAC Powerbook G4, OS 10.5.8
Office 2004, Excel 2004 Version 11.5.6
Quickbooks Pro 2007

I use a simple spreadsheet (CurrentBalances.xls) to keep track of the
current values of my personal and business checking and credit card balances
(10 different accounts) by pasting the current balances from the bank
on-line balances one-at-a-time.

I want to verify that they match the values in my same 10 Quickbook accounts
without having to copy and paste the current balances from Quickbooks but
would rather use a macro to get the data from Quickbooks. Is there a way to
get this external file data?

I know I can create a custom report in quickbooks and export it to excel
then use a macro to update the current balance file.

I don't know enough about Applescript to do it that way.