From: John on
If I run the exact same code on windows 7, office 2007 the "interrupt"
doesn't occur. So something has happend to office 2003 or vista on the
other computer to make this happen. Does anyone know what it could be?

JOhn

From: Rich Locus on
John:

Normal updates to systems will sometimes cause issues with code... rare, but
it happens. Try looking at the Windows Event Viewer around the time it
happens and see if it gives you any more information. It is for this very
reason that Microsoft gives you the ability to roll back updates, and also
has a system restore feature.

These issues are tough to track down, but try the same program on a
different Vista machine and see if it happen on another workstation. If not,
then the current Vista machine may have issues.

--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

From: John on

Rich Locus wrote:
> John:
>
> Normal updates to systems will sometimes cause issues with code... rare, but
> it happens. Try looking at the Windows Event Viewer around the time it
> happens and see if it gives you any more information. It is for this very
> reason that Microsoft gives you the ability to roll back updates, and also
> has a system restore feature.
>
> These issues are tough to track down, but try the same program on a
> different Vista machine and see if it happen on another workstation. If not,
> then the current Vista machine may have issues.

I went back to the machine to try a fix using on error but the thing had
stopped happening. Have no idea why.

I just left instructions to click "continue" if it happens again. That's
good enough for me right now. I can see hours put in to find the culprit
and it really doesn't matter if it doesn't screw anything up.
John

Pages: 1
Prev: Text Formats
Next: Userform ComboBox Row Source