From: Aaron Gray on
> Don't listen to what V'often wrong'K is telling you. There is nothing
> wrong in using such names, there is no known side effect in any language
> or UA. What is true is that it is a Good Thing to choose names with
> meaning; for example, the `textarea' element could be named according
> to its expected content.

Yes they are different namespaces.

>> This does not deal with getting the text from a text document
>> in an iframe which is what I was after.
>
> Try referenceToIframe.document.body.firstChild.firstChild.nodeValue in
> Mozilla/5.0.
> WFM in Firefox 1.0.7/Linux as an iframe with a plaintext
> resource is made available through an embedded HTML document with a
> `pre' element containing the resource's content.

referenceToIframe.document.body.firstChild.firstChild.nodeValue

Works in IE too :)

Thanks.

Aaron

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Aaron Gray wrote:

Please provide proper attribution, see
<http://jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/pots1.html>
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>>> This does not deal with getting the text from a text document
>>> in an iframe which is what I was after.
>>
>> Try referenceToIframe.document.body.firstChild.firstChild.nodeValue in
>> Mozilla/5.0.
>> WFM in Firefox 1.0.7/Linux as an iframe with a plaintext
>> resource is made available through an embedded HTML document with a
>> `pre' element containing the resource's content.
>
> referenceToIframe.document.body.firstChild.firstChild.nodeValue
>
> Works in IE too :)

Nice :) However it is not supposed to work in IE/Windows < 5.0 and I'm
not sure about IE/Mac either. W3C DOM support was introduced in IE pretty
late, so you should definitely feature-test it on run time.

> Thanks.

You're welcome.

PointedEars
From: Aaron Gray on
> Please provide proper attribution, see
> <http://jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/pots1.html>
> vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

http://jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/pots1.html#ps1TopPs

!:)

Aaron

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Aaron Gray wrote:

>> Please provide proper attribution, see
>> <http://jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/pots1.html>
>> vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>
> http://jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/pots1.html#ps1TopPs
>
> !:)

Why, I did not top-post :)

F'up2 PointedEars
From: Aaron Gray on
> Why, I did not top-post :)

Just joking :)

I did think when I wrote that post that the context was odd.

Aaron