From: PeterM on
I have built an AC2003 database. I built color schemes matching the olive,
blue and sliver colors used by Windows XP. I found the constants that I can
access in VBA.

What I'm trying to do is to detect the Windows XP current color scheme and
then use the associated color scheme in my access database. The color scheme
names in my access project are called "Olive", "Blue" and "Silver". For
example, the active window title bar can be retrieved by using the value
-2147483646 or the constant vbActiveTitleBar. So I can set the form's
background color for a text field as:

Me.Text88.BackColor = -2147483635

However I have no idea if that color is associated to Olive, Blue or Silver.
How do I determine the actual RGB value of the value -2147483646 or the
constant vbActiveTitleBar?

Thank You!

From: John Spencer on
The system color numbers are special values that use WHATEVER the system has
been set to use as the color for the specific object.

So vbActiveTitleBar can be blue or silver or olive or red or orange or
whatever color the user has set on her computer in the system settings.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

PeterM wrote:
> I have built an AC2003 database. I built color schemes matching the olive,
> blue and sliver colors used by Windows XP. I found the constants that I can
> access in VBA.
>
> What I'm trying to do is to detect the Windows XP current color scheme and
> then use the associated color scheme in my access database. The color scheme
> names in my access project are called "Olive", "Blue" and "Silver". For
> example, the active window title bar can be retrieved by using the value
> -2147483646 or the constant vbActiveTitleBar. So I can set the form's
> background color for a text field as:
>
> Me.Text88.BackColor = -2147483635
>
> However I have no idea if that color is associated to Olive, Blue or Silver.
> How do I determine the actual RGB value of the value -2147483646 or the
> constant vbActiveTitleBar?
>
> Thank You!

Pages: 1
Prev: WIN32 Error