From: Manuel Reimer on
Manuel Reimer wrote:
> With my first try (ext2 on target disk) I got the error "Cannot read
> inode bitmap". The kernel reported this error for the *target* device
> (the brand new SATA hard drive). I did a second try and reformated the
> target drive to ext3 and, again, I got the same error. So I installed
> "smartmontools" into my running live system and checked the drive. The
> new drive has no "reallocated sectors" but several read errors (about 500).

Sorry for the spam (maybe I'm on the wrong ML at all... don't know...)
but I fixed this on my own. I didn't expect the new disk to be the
reason for this problem, but after checking for badblocks I got a value
far over 1000 of bad blocks.

So I'll send this disk back to the vendor to get my money back and get a
new one...

Nice to know, that Linux was *not* the reason for those errors.

Yours

Manuel