From: smlunatick on
On Feb 19, 5:05 am, JeanPaulo <jean.paulo.bi...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:40:48 -0500, "Twayne" <nob...(a)spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>

> >Avira seems to be a decent tool, but use caution: it sometimes mis-ID's
> >"rogue" files and offers them up for deleteion. In my case it was a
> >setup.exe file.
>
> >And realize that the Norton removal tool removes ALL NOrton programs on the
> >computer, not just one of them. So if you use Ghost, etc, you'll have to
> >reinstall it/them.
>
> >--
>
> I used to be a fan of Norton, but recently I only used 360.
>
> I agree that Avira seems to have more false positives that Norton. But
> it is so much faster !
>
> My setting is to always ask before removing.
>
> It is a pity that none of the current AV tries to remove the virus,
> not the file containing it.

I too was a fan of the Norton security products, until March 2009. I
lost complete Internet access with NIS 2009 installed. Once I finally
got my access back, NIS 2009 was not working. I then contacted the
on-line support and then the agent "yanked" NIS 2009 with their
removal tool. Of course this then completely crashed my Windows XP.
One month to repair my install and then a complaint was filed. No
Norton security product ever again!

Pages: 1
Prev: MS Accounting 2007 Uninstall
Next: Windows XP Pro