From: Aragorn on
On Sunday 24 January 2010 00:05 in comp.os.linux.networking, somebody
identifying as 7 wrote...

> . wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>> As you know global warming is endangering the future of life on the
>> planet.

.... And it is seriously off-topic for a Usenet newsgroup regarding
networking in the GNU/Linux operating system... <grin>

("[OT]" added to the subject line)

> Holowarming is a hoax.
>
> [...]

Good argumentation, but I'll add another one for you. All those
scientists and politicians who have their mouths full of global
warming - excuse me, "climate change", as it is called now - also
conveniently seem to overlook that spectrometry shows that temperatures
have been rising on *all* planets and moons in our solar system, as
well as on the sun itself.

It is still unclear what is causing it, but there are a few theories.
The solar system is currently passing through the galactic plane, and
it is claimed that this is a highly energetic region of space.
Astronomers have also already detected that the solar system seems to
have come into "collision" with a highly dense magnetic field which
pushes back the heliosphere - i.e. the suns's own magnetic shield
around the solar system - which in turn could exert electromagnetic
pressure on the sun, causing it to exhibit more solar flare activity,
albeit that this solar flare activity now seems to be at a low again -
and effectively, earth has been cooling down again since 1998. That's
twelve years at the time of my writing this, Mr. Gore!

Another theory pertains to the recently detected "tenth planet" of our
solar system - some say it's a comet, others say it's a massive planet
(or possibly a brown dwarf) on an elongated elliptical orbit around our
sun, approaching its perihelion now, and thus exercising more
gravitational pull on the sun. In conjunction with planetary
alignment, this could in theory eventually trigger huge solar flares
and even a coronal ejection. And maybe this theory goes hand in hand
with the one I wrote about higher up, and it's simply a convergence of
the two; a syncronicity.

Either way, if there is any global warming to be measured here on earth,
then the direct and immediate cause is that big, brightly yellow round
thing up there in the sky. But alas, they can't cap that and impose
some tax on it, so it's more convenient to blame humans. After all, we
all exhale carbon dioxide. And plants *need* carbon dioxide, which
they convert back into oxygen.

I guess Al Gore was so looking forward to being in the spotlight as the
next president of the USA in 2000 that he was totally bummed out when
G.W. Bush ran away with the ticket to the White House, and so he had to
come up with some other scheme to earn him a place in that spotlight.

That, and the carbon capping/trading makes for yet another great
financial-economic scheme, of course.

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)