From: ProstetnikV on
Hi guys,

hope I'm not too o.t. with this issue.

GPS crashes immediately with the following:

Execution terminated by unhandled exception
Exception name: STORAGE_ERROR
Message: stack overflow
Call stack straceback locations:
0x9196b3e

(Address is changing with different versions of GPS)

I've tried several snapshots of GPS so far. It's running fine on SuSE
11.1 but not on 11.2 which I have to use in our current project.
I've tried to build GPS for my self for debugging, bat the compiler
bails out on one of the source files with an similar error...

Any idea appreciated!

From: Alex R. Mosteo on
ProstetnikV wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> hope I'm not too o.t. with this issue.
>
> GPS crashes immediately with the following:
>
> Execution terminated by unhandled exception
> Exception name: STORAGE_ERROR
> Message: stack overflow
> Call stack straceback locations:
> 0x9196b3e
>
> (Address is changing with different versions of GPS)
>
> I've tried several snapshots of GPS so far. It's running fine on SuSE
> 11.1 but not on 11.2 which I have to use in our current project.
> I've tried to build GPS for my self for debugging, bat the compiler
> bails out on one of the source files with an similar error...
>
> Any idea appreciated!

I have had problems with the libs for Xorg/Xfree that gps ships with. Try
switching or removing altogether the <gps install dir>/lib/gps soft link.
From: dhenry on
Is it on a fresh install? Otherwise, you can try to delete your ~/.gps
directory, containing GPS configuration. (or move to another
directory, in order to not lose it).

It happened to me when trying different versions of GPS. The config
files messed up.
From: ProstetnikV on
On 11 Feb., 16:18, "Alex R. Mosteo" <alejan...(a)mosteo.com> wrote:
> ProstetnikV wrote:
> > Hi guys,
>
> > hope I'm not too o.t. with this issue.
>
> > GPS crashes immediately with the following:
>
> > Execution terminated by unhandled exception
> > Exception name: STORAGE_ERROR
> > Message: stack overflow
> > Call stack straceback locations:
> > 0x9196b3e
>
> > (Address is changing with different versions of GPS)
>
> > I've tried several snapshots of GPS so far. It's running fine on SuSE
> > 11.1 but not on 11.2 which I have to use in our current project.
> > I've tried to build GPS for my self for debugging, bat the compiler
> > bails out on one of the source files with an similar error...
>
> > Any idea appreciated!
>
> I have had problems with the libs for Xorg/Xfree that gps ships with. Try
> switching or removing altogether the <gps install dir>/lib/gps soft link.- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Alex,

perfect! Deleting the link fixed it!

Thanx a lot!