From: Till Kamppeter on
Sorry, I have to correct what I told in my previous posting. In contrary
to last year, this year only the organization administrator can assign
mentors to students.

Mentors can only express their wish to mentor a student by clicking "I
am willing to mentor this proposal" near the bottom of the proposal
page. If you click it on the wrong proposal or change your mind, click
"I am no longer willing to mentor this proposal" at the same place. You
can only decide for yourself whether you like to mentor, you cannot
propose another mentor. If you like another person to mentor this
student, e-mail to this person and ask him to request mentorship by
clicking "I am willing to mentor this proposal". More than one person
can request mentorship and the persons who have requested mentorship are
listed near the top of the proposal page as "Possible Mentors:". Check
whether you are really listed there.

See also the user guide:

http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/userguide#depth_mentrequest

This, or posting a comment, makes the proposal move from the first table
("List of new Student Proposals sent to The Linux Foundation ") to the
second ("Student Proposals already under review sent to The Linux
Foundation") on the list of proposals:

http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/list_proposals/google/gsoc2010/lf

As long as you do not send me any special wish I do the following:

1. I ignore proposals with negative score

2. From all the rest I

a. If there is one "Possible mentor", I assign the proposal to this
mentor.

b. If there is no "Possible mentor", I assign the mentor with the
highest activity in comments or scoring.

c. If there is more than one "Possible mentor", I assign the
"Possible mentor" with the highest activity in comments or scoring.

So please do the following:

Propose yourself as mentor for good proposals and give negative scores
for bad proposals. Send me e-mail if I have assigned a mentor and
another should be assigned, or if you have other special wishes. I do
not remove mentor assignments without assigning another mentor as long
as you do not tell me that an application with assigned mentor is bad.

Please make sure that all proposals which are still in the first table
("List of new Student Proposals sent to The Linux Foundation") get
reviewed and a mentor proposed, a comment, or a negative score given, so
that I can assign mentors or ignore these proposals.

VERY IMPORTANT: All must be done by the end of Monday.

Till

Pages: 1
Prev: VM performance issue in KVM guests.
Next: ATTN