From: smlunatick on
On Nov 8, 2:08 am, "Wyman" <wy...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> Someone deleted my post and I don't know why!  When I tried to see if anyone
> responded it said my message was no longer on the server.  This is NOT spam
> and I'd appreciate if you don't delete this one.
>
> Anyway, the fan on my ATI 9600xt AIW graphics card has started to run rather
> loudly a few days ago.  I can unhook the power connector from the card and
> the sound goes away.  Is it okay to use the vid card without the fan running
> without causing any damage to anything else?  The card works fine despite
> the noise.  Here's a pic of it.
>
> http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50305921/ATI_VGA_Car...
>
> If I can't run it fanless, is there another fix short of buying a new one?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Wyman

First, your post was not deleted. It got moved over your ISP Usenet
(NNTP) servers and is now part of the Usenet "world wide."

As for the fan, your video card was designed to work with a fan.
Eventhough the video card seems to work without this fan, this fan is
important. You can possibly find a replacement fan or you could
consider replacing the video card.
From: Wyman on
Hi smuluntick -

I just learned yesterday that my ISP no longer offer newsgroups so if was
"moved" I don't where it ended up. How can you tell it was moved?

Wyman

From: Bob I on
it's here

From: Wyman on
Hi Bob -

This is the same group that the link is for. This is where I posted my
first message and some how it got deleted. I had to repost.

Wyman

From: Bob I on
I suspect the post never actually made it to the news server.