From: Chris Botha on
I have a gridview with bound columns as well as auto select turned on and
everything works well.
The 1st column is the record ID and as seeing this does not help the user, I
want to hide it, so I set the visible property of the column to false.
Now on post-back when selecting a record, the cell is still there, however
it is empty - it does not contain the ID any more, it contains an empty
string.
My first opinion is that this is not so extremely useful then. My question
would be how do I hide a column but still have the value on post-back?

Thanks.

From: Muhammad Naveed Yaseen on
Preferred choice would be to use DataKeyNames property of GridView and
then access it through GridView's key collection (DataKeys).

If that is not possible then a TemplateField may be used with a
Literal or Label with visible set false.