From: Dr. Adrian Wrigley on
On Fri, 25 May 2007 07:43:11 -0700, petter_fryklund wrote:

> I have adopted a principle from one of our customers: keep MMI and
> Application separate. My hobby appliation is a bridge deal generator
> written in Ada95. My MMI is written in Tcl/Tk. Communication is TCP/IP
> using GNAT.Sockets. I have very good experience with this.

Good principle!

I follow this by using Annex E partitions. Each partition handles
one of data analysis, data collection or user interface. The partitions
can run on different machines, be started and stopped separately,
and even recompiled without stopping the program. Simple. Cool!
Of course it's all in Ada, and it might be simpler to build the MMI
with another language as you do.
--
Adrian