From: Katerinia on
Simply, i have a worksheet that has one row of ss#'s and next column datat
that refers to that ss#.
In a larger worksheet, I have the column ss#, and i need the data from the
first worksheet to be in this one.... for some reason.. i cant get vlookup to
work.. Its over 8K rows.
--
Excel isnt just a program its a metaphor for life. Sometimes it''s easy and
boring.. sometimes it''s a little challenging and great.. then there are days
From: Gilbert on
Make sure the format is the same on both worksheets and also the worksheet
that you are getting the information from must be sorted ascending. I hope
it helps.

From: JLatham on
I agree with checking to make sure that the SS# columns are formatted the
same (that one isn't numbers formatted to display as SS type entries with
dashes, while the other may be text).
It would have helped if Katerinia had posted the formula she is using, but
it isn't absolutely necessary that the SS#s be in sequence if the VLOOKUP()
is constructed as:
=VLOOKUP(A2,'Source Sheet'!$A$2:$B$1000,2,FALSE)
The 'FALSE' parameter will allow it to work with an unsorted list.

From: Katerinia on
Gilbert was right! I had to force both worksheets into a Value format using:
=VALUE(A2)
on the referenced worksheet. Copied this all the way down

and then using
=VLOOKUP(VALUE(A2),SAP!B$2:C$2319,2,FALSE)
on the one I needed the values

Which I think will also help me solve an earlier issue I had getting the
ss#'s in the first place. Thanks!