From: sera on
if anyone has used a list of names in an excel spreadsheet does anyone know
how to alphabetise the names in the spreadsheet?
From: Gord Dibben on
Data>Sort>Ascending.

Be sure to select all columns you want sorted together before Data>Sort.

Never let Excel guess.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: L. Howard Kittle on
Select the list and click the Sort Ascending (A to Z) or Sort Decending (Z
to A) in the tool bar.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

From: bala_vb on

'sera[_2_ Wrote:
> ;949367']if anyone has used a list of names in an excel spreadsheet does
> anyone know
> how to alphabetise the names in the spreadsheet?

You can sort the names based on either first name or last name by
using, Data->sort->Sort on A-> Z or Z->A

Please let me know how many columns you have, how you want them to be
sorted?

Thanks
Bala

--