From: Raymond Del Tondo on
"PremiumBlend" <mnhollinger(a)yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [removed full quotes...]
>
>I would like to mention Software by D'Zign at
>http://www.softwarebydzign.com/, as a low-cost, but
>very good alternative to upper echelon surveying
>software. I used D'Zign software on my HP 48GX from
>1993 through 1995 at which point I switched to SMI
>software because it could interface with a total
>station, a capability D'Zign didn't offer until years
>later. In my opinion, SMI software was the best field
>software ever written for a handheld calculator.
>It's a shame that Eagle Point, the company that
>purchased SMI near the turn of the century, didn't
>rewrite the software for the HP 50G.

Slightly OT, but:
The complete geodetic solution / surveying software
from W&W (written by me;-) could interface and control
various theodolites and total stations back then in 1990/1991.

Aside from the HP-48 control libraray,
I also made a DOS-based GUI program
for data import and management.

It was offered as a 128K ROM card for the HP-48.
However it was meant for the German market.

Raymond